AT IUG 2020, Software AG‘s first virtual event, we launched an exciting new product, talked about business resilience in these troubled times, and heard about the journeys to process excellence from some amazing customers.
IUG was held in a simulated live environment, where we created the illusion of a real event, with more than 70 user tracks and virtual meetup zones where you could show off your avatar to colleagues and friends. Our international user group community spans 71 countries across 5 core products, and the ARIS sessions made up a third of the total participants at IUG.
First, you wanted to hear about our latest innovation in the ARIS family and Dr. Julian Krumeich presented it: The ARIS Process Mining SaaS Edition. This is a new scalable, SaaS-based process mining solution with a brand-new, fresh user interface and lots of new visualizations and functionalities.
You were also curious about businesses in this time of stress and Helge Hess talked about “Business as unusual” – talking about how businesses are affected by the Covid-19 crisis. He discussed how ARIS supports you during your business transformation journey, making your business more resilient in the face of disruptive events. There was a lively Q&A session including Dr. Stefan Sigg, CPO, Bernd Gross, CTO, and Sven Roeleven, SVP Global Presales and Industry Solutions, Software AG.
After an introduction, “Enterprise Management Systems in practice” - by Dr. Dominik Vanderhaeghen, Senior Director Product Management, and Josèphe Blondaut, Director Product Marketing ARIS, and Caspar Jans, Regional Presales - we heard from several customers highlighting the reality of business today.
- Sarah Meiners, Lead Process Architect at Philips highlighted how ARIS as an Enterprise Management System supports Business Transformation at Philips
- Juliana Johari, Manager Organizational Transformation, at Petronas told us about the oil & gas company’s journey starting from an internal and external risk assessment and leading to CHANGE in “every source of truth.”
- Marko Honkanen, Head of Global Process Management and Enterprise Architecture, Outokumpu, talked about how tangible understanding brings tangible benefits. Outukumpu is the global leader in stainless steel.
No user group is complete without discussing the highly technical stuff expected by partners and customers included:
- Dominik Vanderhaeghen showed the latest releases in the ARIS world and gave an outlook to what will come in the next ARIS Roadmap
- Interactive sessions and active discussions with ARIS R & D on how to build a robust and resource-friendly ARIS-based solution; and on UX best practices illustrated by the example of Smart Modeling.
- Hands-on with ARIS product management on RPA (discover, analyze, design, develop, deploy and capture benefits) and on the newest quick modeling functionalities of ARIS 10SR12 – also now live.
If you missed it - watch content on demand for another three weeks on our events website: Click below.