ARIS has been ranked as a top implementer Business Process Modeling Notation 2.0 by the OMG – Object Management Group.
BPMN is intended to align business & IT with a standardized modeling language that is moreover tool-independent. BPMN serves process modeling and is a standard; it is now available in its 2.0 version.
But why would you need it? Because while designing a process diagram, you can use universal symbols to be understood by many professionals who have access to this international standard notation. And because these diagrams can then be re-used for process automation – so it saves you time and ensures quality through the standard.
ARIS also bridges the gap between business and IT. It supports you from business model definition to transformation, while designing business and processes - and gives you the key to the right decisions with numerous analytics, dashboarding and simulation features.
Now ARIS and BPMN 2.0 are fully integrated and has even top-ranked as a BPMN 2.0 implementer by OMG’s Model Interchange Working Group (MIWG). Software AG actively supported the development of the BPMN 2.0 standard.
ARIS is indeed (cheer-)leading the league as it is 100% attested by OMG in these fields:
- Design – All models of a test suite can be modeled with a correct result
- Export – The designed models can be correctly exported
- Import – All models of a test suite can be imported correctly
- Roundtripping – Imported models can be exported again without any loss of information
ARIS provides you with:
- Full process modeling conformance class – ARIS supports the exact modeling requirements of BPMN 2.0
- Transformation of EPC or E-BPMN to BPMN 2.0 standard – you can transform business-related model types into BPMN 2.0 compliant models
- A continuous business/ IT roundtrip is supported by the stability of external object IDs & the export of ARIS attributes as standard- conformant extensions – what you maintain in ARIS comes back to ARIS
- Extensions of the BPMN models to enrich with business-related ARIS constructs that are outside of the scope of the BPMN specification. This, of course, without breaking the BPMN rules and import/export standards
- Many supporting functionalities pave your way to excellence. Semantic checks supporting the end-user while modeling, analysis and reporting of BPMN 2.0 models to better understand your business and simulation to take the right steps forward are just a few of the standard ARIS features supporting your project!
Take the next step and explore the nature and benefits of modern process automation design and see how Software AG’s platform supports the associated agile, collaborative design practice.
Go for BMPN 2.0! Go for ARIS! Go for BPMN 2.0 in ARIS!
Download the cheat sheet by clicking below.