Eight is the luckiest number in Chinese culture; this is because its pronunciation “ba” sounds like “fa” – the word for prosper, wealth or fortune in Chinese.
This makes sense to us because if you want to prosper in using the Internet of Things to drive innovation there are eight things that really matter.
These are the things that matter most when evaluating IoT solutions:
- A Modular and Future-Proof IoT Platform
- Be sure that your IoT platform can connect with any device, sensor or machine over any network and provides flexible deployment choices with SaaS, PaaS, on premises, hybrid or edge.
- It should also be low-code and future-ready with solutions for enterprise integration, API management, predictive analytics and machine learning – as well as business process and portfolio management.
- Open and Independent
- Your platform will need to be independent enough to avoid vendor lock-in, and open enough to work with what you have today – and what you may have tomorrow.
- Supports Rapid Start for Instant IoT
- You should be able to register and connect your devices in minutes, with an easy-to-use control panel to set up rules, connect to key apps and the ability to realize the benefits of IoT immediately.
- It needs to be easy to create a free trial account in the cloud at any time.
- Distributed Architecture & IoT at the Edge
- You need a distributed architecture that is elastic enough to swell and shrink dynamically.
- It should be able to run in data centers, and on “thick” or “thin” edge devices and should have intelligence for running advanced analytics/automating key responses at the edge.
- It should be able to manage and modify edge apps, models and analytics on the fly and you will want to be able to build and test apps centrally and then push them out to where they are needed at the touch of a button.
- A Re-brandable Platform to OEM
- You may want to take a complete IoT offering to market for your customers and quickly develop apps from pre-packaged solutions.
- A platform that can easily roll out multi-tenant or separate private instances, on premises or in the cloud is important.
- Free Methodology and Design-Time Tooling
- You will need proven tools to help you to model, plan and manage your IT and OT assets, plus a resource library supporting work packages, processes and practices.
- Market-leading Technology
- You will want a platform that is not only recognized as a leader by top analysts, but also by a wide array of satisfied customers.
- Strategic Partnerships
- Your platform provider should have a huge ecosystem of strategic partners across SIs, VARs, hardware and technology providers who can help bridge gaps and build and refine any custom or specific vertical requirements you have for your platform.
All of these are what we do. Cumulocity IoT addresses today’s market demands for easy, fast and scalable IoT solutions to support enterprises of all sizes. To draw the lucky eight, come and talk to us and experience everything the IoT has to offer.
Stay tuned for our ebook - coming soon. Meanwhile, see below to learn everything about IoT.